Poi Princess Terms & Conditions
Thank you so much for shopping with Poi Princess. We are dedicated to providing quality Māori resources to our customers and we’re sure you will be satisfied with your resources. If, however, something isn’t right, please let us know.
Customers can place orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via the website.
We will endeavor to respond to emails and Facebook messages in a timely manner ideally within the working day period Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Prices are in NZ$ as shown on the website.
We do not offer credit or account terms. We expect payment up front before goods are shipped.
You can do this using the following options
- Payment using a direct debit/visa through our secure online payment system Swipe. This option will be explained at check out. Credit card details are not stored anywhere on our servers nor in our premises. Your credit card details are processed in real time by an independent payment gateway (Swipe) authorised by our bank, using secure encryption.
- Direct banking. Details will be provided at checkout for you to make payments via your online banking method to the account details provided. Please note it is expected you will transfer the funds for your purchase in the specified account within 7 days. After 7 days if payment has not been made, you will be contacted as a reminder and if you make no further attempt to pay your order will be cancelled. If you are a large Kindergarten, Preschool or other company who have accounts managers who pay on the 20th of the month, please email admin to let us know you would like to proceed with an order but payment will exceed the regular 7 day period email@example.com Please note your order will be shipped as soon as the payment is received.
- If you know what you would like to purchase but you would prefer to be sent an Invoice please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and other contact details: Name, shipping address, phone number and email address for the invoice to be sent to. I will get this out to you by the next working day.
Please note your order will be shipped as soon as the payment is received *unless otherwise specified*.
Other Products not on the website
Please feel free to contact admin at email@example.com about any products you are looking for with a kaupapa Māori or native NZ theme. Sometimes there are other potential products available from our suppliers that aren’t necessarily advertised on the website. Maybe there is a book you want but it’s not on the site, or a book you want but you want it in te reo Māori. Maybe you’ve seen a game or another product elsewhere and you think it could fit in the Poi Princess range. I am happy to have a look and potentially source it for you, feel free to ask.
Stock Availability & Back Orders
We endeavor to have stock available for immediate purchase. However, due to being a small business sometimes there are only small limited amounts of items available on site. Sometimes this can mean there could be delays if multiple orders are made at the same time. If there are any issues with products and availability you will be emailed any details that would affect you receiving your order in a timely manner and any options that are available to you.
Please be aware that with orders of poi there can be delays The amount available will be shown on the website and then a backorder option will be given. Depending on order quantities and orders being processed there could be a wait of up to 2-4 weeks. If this is the case we will contact you with estimated time frame. These are a quality, handmade product so they do take time, we appreciate your patience.
If we find that an item is temporarily out of stock we will retain all items on back order until we can dispatch the entire order. If this happens you will be notified by email.
Cost & Delivery times
Items are posted from Nelson, New Zealand.
Within NZ Shipping costs are charged at a residential flatrate of $6.75 and a rural charge of $13.00.
International orders are calculated by NZ Post by weight and dimensions at the checkout. Please see their website for more details.
Depending on the time of day your order is received and whether your payment has been processed we endeavor to dispatch your order within that day if not the next. *Please note as mentioned prior poi in large quantities will often take longer to dispatch.
We deliver the majority of our products in NZ to your door using PBT Transport Couriers. If you have provided your email address and phone number you will be sent an email to gain access to tracking your package. If you have special delivery requests, you must let us know these at the time of the order, in the comments box at check out or in the email. (These include leaving parcels in a particular place, eg: at the back door etc).
It is not be possible to make a delivery to a PO Box.
If the courier arrives and you are not home and you have not left any special instructions in your order, the courier company will leave a calling card with a reference number on it for you to contact them and arrange an alternative time to deliver your parcel.
Our delivery time is from Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Products will normally be delivered to you within 1-3 working days, based on your location. Same Island (South Island) is usually overnight. North Island is usually 2 working days (Rural locations in the North Island can sometimes take up to 3 days).
For International orders Australia 3-6 working days and The rest of the world 6-10 working days for standard International Air freight. Please see NZ Post website for more details.
For delivery outside of New Zealand we have tracked and un-tracked options available and during busy times can take up to 3 weeks to arrive. A customs declaration of the contents and value of the parcel is necessary on all international packages. The customer (you) is responsible for any customs charges incurred in the country of arrival and we are not able to refund for packages returned due to unpaid customs fees.
You can have your package delivered to your work address if this is more convenient for you. This should just be included as Delivery Address.
It is not be possible to make a delivery to a PO Box.
Refunds & Returns Policy
Poi Princess want all our customers to receive high quality products. If there is something wrong with the product you have received or if your delivery is not identical to your order (wrong product or if a product is missing), please contact us immediately. If you send us an email, please include as many details as possible including your order number and photographic evidence of any damage, and in some cases a photograph of the packaging itself.
We do not refund purchases on the basis of changing your mind.
When receiving products and resources from us please check them thoroughly against your order on arrival. All discrepancies and damages must be notified to us within 24hrs of receiving them.
If the products and resources you have ordered do not match your expectations, there are some important things to note:
- Please be aware that we will not accept returns on Cds and Dvds (unless faulty).
- If you wish to return faulty goods please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Include full details of the problem, your name and invoice number. You will receive further instructions by e-mail. You must make your complaint as soon as possible from the delivery of the goods.
- Depending on the nature of any other returns, you will be responsible for return shipping costs.
- Unless damaged in transit the products must be returned in their original condition, i.e. not used, damaged or marked in any way. It is expectedthat you will return goods within 5 working days.
- Once the returned product has been received a credit/refund will be processed and reimbursed to the account it was paid from. If appropriate and/or not already done, a replacement product will be dispatched to you. Note: A replacement product may be sent to you prior to us receiving the returned product.