Ka Maumahara Tonu (Singalong Book & CD)
Ka Maumahara Tonu – Written by Sharon Holt Illustrated by Jasmin Bailey
Ka Maumahara Tonu (Remembering). It’s hard to find book with an ANZAC theme that work well with young children in preschools and junior primary schools.
This book follows a young girl who asks her grandfather about his grandfather, who served at Gallipoli. In a gentle way, the book pulls together many threads about remembering those who have passed away. At the end, the girl and her grandfather find a place to remember each other.
- Repeated sentence: “He pātai tāku” (I have a question)
- Vocabulary for discussions around Gallipoli
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a book to do on the mat
- Glossary of words used in the book
- Guitar chords
Other books in the te reo singalong series by Sharon Holt are:
|Dimensions||21 × 30 × 0.5 cm|